We’ve covered almost everything regarding Shards of Domination, the new components which are introduced in WOW Shadowlands’ latest patch, Chains of Domination.
However, one key aspect which has not been explained further is the rank bonuses that you receive each time a Shard is upgraded to a higher tier.
To recap, here are the different Shard tiers which will be implemented come July 2021:
To exemplify this even more, we take this example right here:
NORMAL SHARD OF BEK
OMINOUS SHARD OF BEK
Damage is increased by 2% if you have more than 50% health higher than the enemy.
Damage is increased by 2.25% if you have more than 50% health higher than the enemy.
These tiers will ensure that whatever Shards you have will not always be too overpowered (OP) in the game, especially early on through the Sanctum of Domination raid.
Now that we’ve established the basic understanding of Shard tiers, here are the exact improvements that each Shard tier gives you, for each respective Shard type:
- Damage is increased by 2% if you have more than 50% health than your enemy.
- Normal: Damage 2%
- Ominous: Damage 25%
- Desolate: Damage 5%
- Foreboding: Damage 75%
- Portentous: Damage 3%
- Shard of Jas
- Healing is increased by 1%, while maximum health is improved by 400.
- Normal: Healing 1%, maximum health 400
- Ominous: Healing 1%, maximum health 450
- Desolate: Healing 2%, maximum health 500
- Foreboding: Healing 4%, maximum health 550
- Portentous: Healing 5%, maximum health 600
- Shard of Rev
- Leech is increased by 27.
- Normal: Leech 27
- Ominous: Leech 30
- Desolate: Leech 33
- Foreboding: Leech 37
- Portentous: Leech 40
- Shard of Cor
- Damage is increased by 3% for 20 seconds, if you attack a new enemy.
- Normal: Damage 3%
- Ominous: Damage 38%
- Desolate: Damage 75%
- Foreboding: Damage 13%
- Portentous: Damage 5%
- Shard of Tel
- A critical hit results in your nearest ally absorbing their next incoming 228 damage within 6 seconds.
- Normal: Absorb 228 damage
- Ominous: Absorb 257 damage
- Desolate: Absorb 285 damage
- Foreboding: Absorb 314 damage
- Portentous: Absorb 342 damage
- Shard of Kyr
- Gains 880 Absorb every 5 seconds, up to a maximum of 4,400.
- Normal: 880 Absorb, maximum 4400
- Ominous: 990 Absorb, maximum 4950
- Desolate: 1100 Absorb, maximum 5500
- Foreboding: 1210 Absorb, maximum 6050
- Portentous: 1320 Absorb, maximum 6600
- Shard of Dyz
- Attacking a target increases your damage to it by 33% for 4 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.
- Normal: Damage 33%
- Ominous: Damage 37%
- Desolate: Damage 42%
- Foreboding: Damage 46%
- Portentous: Damage 5%
- Shard of Zed
- Your skills and abilities on a teammate have a chance of creating an Unholy aura on them, draining 221 health from nearby enemies every 2 seconds, for 10 seconds.
- Normal: Drain 221 health
- Ominous: Drain 249 health
- Desolate: Drain 277 health
- Foreboding: Drain 306 health
- Portentous: Drain 334 health
- Shard of Oth
- Speed is increased by 27.
- Normal: Speed 27
- Ominous: Speed 30
- Desolate: Speed 33
- Foreboding: Speed 37
- Portentous: Speed 40
Although each rank increase does not improve too much from their original passive stats, these can surely accumulate significantly depending on your item builds.
Are you much more interested in playing WOW The Burning Crusade Classic (TBCC)?
You can always visit GoldPiles if you are looking to add more WOW TBC Classic gold into your account!